Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mugs!


Here's some photos of mugs that I made a little while ago. I missed documenting the throwing and trimming process, but I did take a couple shots of the mugs pre-handle and post-handle.
Pull those handles! The "cow tongues" as my husband call them are hanging off the table to dry a little bit- so they're not so sticky to the touch before I attach them to the mugs. I know you can pull handles right off the mug, but I like the final look of my method better- so far. We'll see, as time changes so do handles. When I first started taking pottery classes I couldn't pull a handle for the life of me. After coming back to pottery after a year off, I decided to try and pull a handle- and somehow I could! Ta-da!
If you're wondering why some of the handles look like they're different clay- well they probably are. I use so many different types of clay, the one one I can keep separate is the porcelain. So, mugs often have different types of clay on for handles, etc. Sometimes this looks great after it's glazed, and other times you can't even tell that it's a different type of clay. But you'll never know until you try!

No comments:

Post a Comment