Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The home studio...


... I mean a converted dining room. It's okay though. Thanks to an ad on Craigslist I was able to find and purchase an entire studio from someone who couldn't find the time. I'll find the time! I was able to get a wheel (which was slightly melted, but it adds character- and it works great), a kiln, tools, a griffin grip, a ton of chemicals and random stuff in-between.
So.....
Scoot over the table; my loving husband created a wedging table out of scrap wood, he also sanded and painted some racks my Dad donated to me- and BOOM! I have a studio! It works! I put thick plastic down to keep the clay off the fancy walls and floor. An air filter runs to keep the dust down. Since I don't have access to a sink with a trap on it to separate the clay, I've been using that handy grey bucket to wash off my tools and hands after each use. It works for now! Better to be in the clay then be dreaming about it!

1 comment:

  1. What a great setup! Very cool! My oldest son, Jake, was just checking out your blog and now he wants to take a pottery class. Cool! I would love to learn how to make those buttons. They would look so fun on my handmade cards!

    ReplyDelete