Thursday, February 25, 2010

More studio details



I know I have some catching up to do, so here's some more pictures of the dining room setup. Here's my fancy slightly melted wheel, a brent c- love it. In case you're wondering what that mirror is doing behind it- it's great for checking the shape of our pot without straining your neck every two seconds, it helps to find a wobble and it makes finding your needle tool that slipped under the splash pan way easier.











Here is a photo of the wedging/storage table my sweet husband made for me. It's canvas on top, with wheels for easy cleaning, has hooks for the dustpan and tools, a shelf to hold heavy drywall, clay, bats and tools and even a wire for easy cutting. It's great that with a little heave-ho I can move all that clay and drywall weight with ease!





Here's a close up of work on an old bread rack that was sanded and painted (thanks again to my handy husband). It was given to my father, who had saved it from being thrown away. We cut plywood to make shelves and it works great! I have two of these- this one is open and great for drying/storing work. The other was half made into a damp box- with a little velcro and plastic. Having a damp box saves so much time! When I'm done I just slide the shelves of work in and close it up!

1 comment: